Change the View

June 18, 2021

In our Leading Circular Report released last year, we talked about how the view of what is (and isn’t) waste should change. It has for us and the brands that partner with us.

Our research shows that 82% of products classified as waste can be renewed and resold. Of the 82% of products that can be renewed, 54% only required light or minor repair to restore them while the remaining 46% required more substantial or noticeable repairs. By applying the renewal certification process to these products previously considered waste, they can have a second life.

Of the thousands of pounds of product that contribute to 4% of the world’s waste each year, our research shows only 18% needed to be downcycled, upcycled, or recycled. Once we shift our mindset from “it is waste to it has value,” we have the power to reduce the negative impact on our environment.

 

 

 

 

 


Also in (RE)NEWS

HIKE INSPIRATION
HIKE INSPIRATION
Need a little inspiration to take a hike? Find it in one of these suggested reads.

Read More

Haglöfs Restored launches in the EU
Haglöfs Restored launches in the EU
Haglöfs Restored has launched to keep premium gear out of landfill and you have all you need for your own out...

Read More

Introducing Velocio Renewed
Introducing Velocio Renewed
Velocio understands there is a better way to make cycling gear which includes renewing their products.

Read More