Looking forward is the first step to moving forward, to making progress. Although we do not always know how the future will unfold—especially in times like these—we do know that a plan for the future is necessary.
Our partner, Lo & Sons, is doing just that. In 2018, they begin their plan with a commitment for 15% of their products to be made with eco-friendly materials and they look forward to increasing that amount to 75% by 2025. Lo & Sons will expand their use of sustainable products and achieve their plans for the future by making modifications in the composition of their products and packaging. Take a look at some of the changes planned:
- They will transition to 100% Certified Organic Cotton for the canvas Catalina collection for any future orders. Doing so will encourage species biodiversity in local ecosystems.
- In the next year, they have an objective to move to using 100% recycled nylon in laptop bags.
- In select products, they will use sustainable materials made from plant-based fibers.
- The Lo & Sons signature hummingbird will now be composed of a weave made from 50% recycled material.
- They will reduce their carbon footprint by packing products in biodegradable poly bags which will break down completely in landfill.
We, with our partner Lo & Sons, look forward to the continuation and expansion of their sustainability practices. We know that the steps we all take now will make the difference for a healthy planet in the future.
Also in (RE)NEWS
The state of the art cleaning protocols and equipment inside our Workshop ensure customers can feel confident that their Renewed Home ...