Finance Director Role - Global
The Renewal Workshop, Amsterdam
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do and how we do it.
Finance Director Role
This is a role for an experienced finance person who wants to dig in and define strategy, analysis, KPIs, and business models for a fast growing circular economy company. While as a young company we have strong financial control and management, as we scale we need to take it to the next level. And now as a global company with operations in the US and EU, we are faced with financial management across multiple systems of reporting, taxation, and employee management. This is your opportunity to define how a key player in the apparel circular economy ecosystem scales, gets investment, manages global growth, and evolves to serve brands and customers with a zero-waste revenue-generating solution.
Typical duties include:
- Ensure there is a clear global budget and projections for the company.
- Manage the process for developing circle budgets in both EU and US and quarterly check-ins.
- Purchase/Expense policy management
- Weekly cashflow management
- Monthly budget progression and projection management and analysis
- Working with outsourced/contracted bookkeeping resources in US and EU
- Evolve the business model and unit economics model of the business to allow for replication and scale.
- In partnership with the founders and board, develop the long term investment and debt strategy for the company.
- Research, develop and test new financial models for the circular businesses including internally and with our brand partners.
- Work with brand partners to educate on circular economy finances.
- Development and management of the financial models, projection models, and scenario models to meet financial needs of the business but also of our brand partners.
- Explore opportunities for US and EU grants and work with grant writers and consortium partners to secure funding for innovative circular projects.
- Ensure the production teams have the information they need to plan, balance, innovate, and improve processes and efficiency
- Create and manage tools to enable the financial analysis of operational costs using production data
- Work directly with production leads to create and review KPIs to provide financial insights into process analysis and improvements.
- Develop ROI models for capex investments in automation to improve efficiency and reduce cogs.
BOARD AND FOUNDER SUPPORT
- Ensure the company has the financial sophistication of a global enterprise and can report out to various stakeholders including the board of directors and investors.
- Collaborate with founders on the development of yearly strategy and long-term strategic planning
- Prepare financials for reporting and collaborate with founders on quarterly board presentations and company strategy.
- Ensure the company is compliant with legal and regulatory filings and work with our outsourced tax accountants to ensure accurate submission of corporate taxes in both the US and EU.
- Work with HR to manage and analyse employee benefits, health care, and pension programs.
- Ensure financial compliance with employee contracts in the EU.
FINANCIAL CIRCLE LEAD
- Lead the finance circle pulling together the appropriate stakeholders for regular meetings
- Set, track, and assign projects and goals for the circle
- Attend weekly General Circle meetings to represent finance and KPI reporting.
Level: 4+ years experience in senior financial management role.
Salary: Based on Experience
Job Location: Amsterdam
Position Type: Full Time
Travel: 1-2 trips per year to US
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Four or more years of experience in financial management
- Strong preference for candidates with work experience in both US and EU.
- Experience working at a manufacturer or consumer goods company that has direct management of their operations and/or production.
- Apparel or textile brand experience preferred but not necessary.
- Experience working with many different stakeholders who have competing objectives to achieve goals.
- Strong preference for start-up/Scale-up experience.
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Great attention to detail
- Loves to tackle big projects that need processes and tools developed
- Great listening skills, known for being a good listener and hearing what people need in order to serve them best
- Strategic thinker, able to foresee needs and plan for them
- Great communication skills - supporting MANY stakeholders and communication styles
- Service oriented
- Fluent in English
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
Any interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.