Garment Repair Expert
The Renewal Workshop, Cascade Locks
We are a company that cares deeply about the environment and about our employees. We treat our customers kindly and help apparel businesses to be more sustainable. We are like a family here and are looking for someone who can commit to a full time schedule. We would like someone who is interested in steady, long term work, a consistent schedule and has reliable transportation to work. We proudly provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We are looking for someone who can review each garment that we process to make sure that it is perfect for our customers. The QA person needs to be meticulously organized and detail oriented, as well as adaptable to the dynamic nature of a young startup.
Typical duties include:
- Inspecting the garments to match our quality criteria
- Reviewing and assessing the repairs done by the Repair Team
- Reviewing of sewn on brand labels
- Entering garment information into computer inventory system
- Daily meetings to deliver constructive feedback to Repair-Team
- Continuously increase the efficiency and quality level of the repairs and the QA process
- Working experience in a hands-on role in garment-making or Quality Control/Assurance preferred
- Knowledge of apparel construction and sewing
- At least two years of working experience
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to follow all pre-established installation and quality methods, procedures and guidelines to ensure consistency of work
Hourly Pay Rate: $20 per hour
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full Time
Full Time Perks: Insurance and other benefits, paid holidays
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Hand dexterity is required
- Attention to detail is a must
- Basic computer skills required
- Demonstrate good attendance and punctuality
- Able to work in a repetitive job with continuous focus
- Complete job duties within given time constraints
- Cross-train and support other departments throughout the company
- Pursue continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and work flow
- Clean and maintain work area
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as set forth by The Renewal Workshop
You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must have close visual acuity to notice errors and/or defects.
- Must be able to carry/lift; ability to carry boxes or other facility equipment up to 15lbs in weight.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Any interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.