Part Time Customer Service
The Renewal Workshop, Cascade Locks
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do and how we do it.
We want you to be a part of changing our economy from linear to circular and regenerative. We proudly provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The Customer Service Role
Our customer service is something we are really proud of; taking care of our customers is a labor of love and takes someone with patience, great communication and a knack for making customers feel heard and taken care of. This role requires providing morning coverage (PST) on weekdays and weekends to support multiple ecommerce sites in the US and EU. This role is responsible for communicating in English.
Typical duties include:
- Responding to Customer Service emails.
- Routing issues to the proper person or resolving them in order to maintain customer service standards.
- Managing customer communications for returns processes and procedures
- Coordinating with the entire customer service team to provide consistent, high quality customer service
- Coordinating with the European and US shipping departments
- Regular site audits
This role requires working morning hours. The ideal candidate will be able to work varying hours. The position is 20 hours per week.
Level: 3 – 5 years of general work experience, preferably in customer service
Salary: $17 per hour
Job Location: Remote
Position Type: Part time, 20 hours per week, weekday and weekend morning (PST) coverage, but hours may vary and flexibility is required
Job Category: Customer Service
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Ecommerce Customer Service experience
- Apparel industry, retail and/or manufacturing experience a big plus
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years or older
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Strong Communication skills, written and speaking
- Able to write emails clearly, concisely and with accurate detail in English
- Comfort with translation tools and providing customer service in several languages
- Proficiency with Shopify and ZenDesk - or equivalent experience with ecommerce and customer service software
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self-sufficient and ability to manage one’s own time
- Computer literate with Windows operating system, Word, Excel and comfortable learning new applications
- Pursues continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and work flow
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment
You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must have close visual acuity to view a computer screen; prepare and analyze data and information; transcribe information; and read.
- Must be of minimum working age of 18
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Any interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.