The Renewal Workshop, Cascade Locks
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do and how we do it.
We want you to be a part of changing our economy from linear to circular and regenerative. We proudly provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Level: Minimum of 5 years of direct production coordination/ management work experience
Rate: Commensurate upon experience
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full time, on-site required
Job Category: Manufacturing, Leadership
Perks: Insurance and other benefits, paid holidays, paid time off
The Production Manager Role
The Production Manager role acts in service to our production team; committed absolutely to its efficiency, output and success in achieving production goals. If you have a passion for approaching complex systems and problems, living in the details and creating an overall strategy for success based in listening and service to a team, this role might be right for you. This is no small task and requires competent and compassionate leadership skills, expert problem solving, intense focus on detail as well as high level future planning. The Production Manager role will serve TRW’s production growth by providing visibility into capacity, actual production KPIs, adjusting based on changes, working with area leads, reporting and being accountable for our company production targets.
Typical duties include:
- Ensuring that the company meets its production goals
- Accountable for gross margin and efficiency goals
Production Planning & Scaling
- Planning for scaling, project managing the plan, and working with Operations and area leads to continuously improve upon it
- Calculating capacity and aligning that capacity with business needs for production
- Planning the production schedule based on capacity and needs
- Accountable for the general end to end of the whole renewal process from Presort to Ship and to working with area leads in coordinating the details of production
- Planning with US Brand Partner Manager and Presort roles six months in advance of the production week to identify risks, needs and creating plans to adjust
- Coordinating production flow with area leads and Operations lead daily, monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Using, updating, and improving production logs (KPI logs and others) to plan production flow & employee scheduling
Production Metrics, Analysis, & Reporting
- Ensuring that the Production Circle meets the agreed upon production numbers
- Daily review and reporting of the production numbers, and communication to area leads
- Managing visualization tool of production numbers for employees
- Tracking daily production flow numbers, creating reports of ongoing production data to use for factory improvement decisions
- Using daily KPI reporting forms to track production flow, ensuring employees are correctly using the reporting system.
- Coordinating with area leads to ensure smooth flow of production per the production goals and commitments to ecomm and Brand Partner Manager roles
- Communicating to Brand Partner circle, Finance circle and any other stakeholders if the team is ahead of or behind on projected production goals
- Representing the Production Circle in Brand Partner Circle meetings and negotiating requests and priorities as issues come up
- Starting and ending the work order in Netsuite and other visual tools
- Coordinating with production roles in TRW’s Amsterdam facility to ensure consistency and learning
Facilitate Working Sessions
- Facilitating problem solving as it relates to Production flow and an advice process that is transparent
- Managing the setup process with new brands and product categories through the set up, product, data, production test, and launch
- Great at identifying the problem through root cause analysis and co-creating the solution.
- Collaboration and team oriented, able to give and receive feedback that is constructive
- Willingness to support other projects as they emerge
- Will cross-train between several different departments, willingness to step in when needed.
- Pursues continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and workflow.
- Service oriented - so that other roles can be really effective.
- Very detail oriented and precise
- Able to communicate well with a variety of of different communication styles
- Listen and repeat what was said, make sure what was said is heard
- Ability to think through impact made by decisions to every facet of the team and the production process
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as set forth by The Renewal Workshop
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
Direct Work Experience:
- Planned, managed production for at least 5 years.
- Apparel production a bonus, but not required
- Experience inside a scaling company
- Expert level in production management software
- Expert level in Excel
- Familiar with Netsuite or similar ERPs
- You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person).
- Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Must be able to stand/sit at computer workstations for long periods of time during shift.
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Any interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.