The Renewal Workshop, Cascade Locks
We are a company that cares deeply about the environment and about our employees. We treat our customers kindly and help apparel businesses to be more sustainable. We are like a family here and are looking for someone who can commit to a full time schedule. We would like someone who is interested in steady, long term work, a consistent schedule and has reliable transportation to work.
Our employees in sort are the engine that keeps the whole workshop running. They start each garment on its journey by adhering its barcode and very carefully entering data about its composition, color, size, brand, etc. Sorters are organized, careful, precise, and comfortable doing a high volume of laundry every day. This is a job for someone that wants to keep moving all day. Everyone at The Renewal Workshop pitches in and helps wherever is needed and Sorters are part of the production team and work on the production floor.
Typical duties include:
- Selecting boxes for sort based according to the production plan
- Opening boxes and pre-sorting products into specific categories
- Adding barcodes to products
- Organizing product into the correct laundry categories
- Keeping the sort area clean and organized
- Organizing products based on product types and brands
- Checking each garment for quality and cleanliness
- Organizing boxes and warehouse space
- Tracking products and reporting back to various roles
- Loading and unloading laundry into our big waterless washing machine as well as our standard washing machine and dryer
- Checking each garment for stains and cleanliness
Level: Minimum of 2 years general work experience
Hourly Pay Rate: $16 per hour
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full Time
Full Time Perks: Insurance and other benefits, paid holidays
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Hand dexterity is required
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Computer literate with Windows operating system, Word, Excel and comfortable learning new applications
- Able to complete job duties within given time constraints
- Works well with change
- Willing to cross-train between several different departments
- Pursues continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and workflow
- Cleans and maintains work area
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment
- Demonstrates good attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work variable hours with short notice when needed
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as set forth by The Renewal Workshop
- Basic knowledge of English language with good verbal and written communication skills
You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must have close visual acuity to view a computer screen; prepare and analyze data and information; transcribe information and read.
- Must be able to identify colors accurately
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person).
- Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Must be able to carry/lift; ability to carry boxes or other facility equipment up to 50lbs in weight.
- Must be able to stand/sit at computer workstations for long periods of time during shift.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Any interested candidates please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.